Kargador at Dawn

Kargador at Dawn
Work in the Vineyard

Friday, December 01, 2006

Advent Theme: The Song of Hannah 1Samuel 2: 1-2, 5, 7-9

ANITPHON Shadow me with your wings until all danger passes.

Extend to me, O God, Your love that never fails.


My heart exults in the Lord,

my strength is exalted in my God.

My mouth derides my enemies,

because I rejoice in my victory.

There is no Holy One like the Lord,

no one besides you;

there is no Rock like our God.


Those who were full have hired themselves out for bread,

but those who were hungry are fat with spoil.

The barren has borne seven,

but she who has many children is forlorn.


The Lord makes poor and makes rich;

God brings low but also exalts.

The Most High raises up the poor from the dust,

lifts the needy from the ash heap,

to make them sit with princes

and inherit a seat of honor.


For the pillars of the earth are the Lord’s

and on them God has set the world.

The most High will guard the feet of the faithful ones,

but the wicked shall be cut off in darkness;

for not by might does one prevail.

No comments: