Kargador at Dawn

Kargador at Dawn
Work in the Vineyard

Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Feast of the Assumption of the BVM

Solemnity of the Assumption of the BVM

Text: “And how does this happen to me that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For at the moment the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the infant in my womb leaped for joy. Blessed are you who believed that what was spoken to you by the Lord would be fulfilled." (Luke 1: 43-45)

Meditation: The Feast of the Assumption invites us to reflect on the extraordinary story of two women sharing their faith, hope, and happiness as they prepare for motherhood - Elizabeth, who is old and barren, and Mary, a young betrothed virgin. In both stories the two women believed –and God causes life to surge forth from barren wombs and empty tombs.

Or

Dhikr for the 20th Sunday in ordinary time (C)

Text: "I have come to set the earth on fire, and how I wish it were already blazing! There is a baptism with which I must be baptized, and how great is my anguish until it is accomplished! (Luke 12: 49-50)

Meditation: Jesus spoke of his own Baptism of fire – his suffering, death and resurrection that other may have life… It is the fire that burns yet purifies. The fire in our life is always the symbol of energy and zeal. Hold on to that fire else we become a walking dead…

DHIKR SIMPLE METHOD...
1st step: Write the Dhikr (the Arabic word for REMEMBRANCE) in your heart.
2nd step: Let the Dhikr remain always in on your lips and mind - RECITING the Dhikr silently as often as possible...
3rd step: Be attentive to the disclosure of the meaning/s of the Dhikr in your life.

No comments: