Kargador at Dawn

Kargador at Dawn
Work in the Vineyard

Saturday, April 28, 2012

4th Sunday of Easter (B)


Dhikr for the 4th Sunday of Easter (B)

Gospel Reading: John 10: 11-18 Good Shepherd

Selected Passage: “I am the good shepherd, and I know mine and mine know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I will lay down my life for the sheep." (John 10: 14 - 15)

Reflection: We are, indeed, called to become THAT GOOD SHEPHERD… with people entrusted to our care and service. “..knowing the sheep… and laying down one’s life for the sheep.”


DHIKR SIMPLE METHOD...
Dhikr is an Arabic word for remembrance. In the “tariqa” (the way) movement, dhikr developed into a form of prayer… It is a prayer of the heart… following three simple steps:

1.  Write in one’s heart a certain passage of the Holy Writ…
2. Make the same passage ever present in one’s lips. 
3. Then wait for God’s disclosure on the meaning of the passage…that interprets one’s life NOW…!

It takes a week of remembering (dhikr)…or even more days to relish the beauty of this method…


No comments: