Kargador at Dawn

Kargador at Dawn
Work in the Vineyard

Friday, April 03, 2015

Choose Good and Choose Life!


Choose GOOD and Choose LIFE!
Bapa Jun Mercado, OMI

Whom Shall I Fear?

The Lord is my light and my salvation – whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life – of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1)
It is incredible how much we are obsessed with death. We create instruments of war and spend millions of dollars to keep people obsessed with the possibility of death. This project of death has great power over this world.
But throughout the Gospels we repeatedly hear, “Don’t be afraid.” This is what the angels say to the women at the tomb. This is the Lord’s message to the disciples, “Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Fear does not come from God. God is a God of love. You need to resist this project of death because my project is a project of life.”
One thing I ask of the Lord…that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life…For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling. (Psalm 27:4-5)
Jesus said, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you.” Peace is a central theme in the message of Jesus’ gospel. Sometimes we think that we can have peace with God and dwell in God’s household even if we are at war with our fellow human beings. Yet according to the gospel, non-violence should be the distinctive feature marking the children of the God of peace.
Peace is the first Message of Easter!
I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. (Psalm 27:13)
non-violence should be the distinctive feature marking the children of the God of peace.
I am still confident of this: I will see the goo

No comments: