Kargador at Dawn

Kargador at Dawn
Work in the Vineyard

Monday, June 03, 2013

Letting God be GOD..!


Badaliyya Lesson 1: Let God be God

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth… “Let there be… and there was…” He is the beginning… to him belongs the initiative … and the “wantedness” begins in him.

Experience the Divine Hospitality...  
  1. God is a constant RSVP…  
  2. He is the Host … 
  3. The Rahman and the Rahim … Mercy and Compassion.

 The hospitality of Abraham is the sign among the nations – the gathering of all peoples … announcing in the end that God is constant and insistent RSVP.

God is an invitation to mastery of oneself, discipline, delight, celebration and entrustment.

Wa ma qadaru-l-llahi hatta drihi” (They did not have the true estimation of God) S6:91.

Who God is to me…?

·      Joy:  God is a King and Miracle worker with all his splendor and majesty.
·      Sad:  God is a friend and consoler.
·      Confused:  God is a Guide and the Truth.
·      Tempted:  God is a hound.  I cannot hide from him.
·      Wronged:  God is a judge – just and forgiving.
·      Usual:  God is the creator and Father.
·      Poor:  God is a Provider and Generous Giver.
·      Reader:  God is the Lord of the universe.

To me… Who God is…?
  • The God I address in times of need.  I pray to him.  He is a friend and always present in me…
  • He is the God who cares.
  • God is everything.
  • God is a loving and living one – Father and Friend.
  • He I my Guide…
  • Without him, I’m nothing…
  • He is my protection and comfort.
  • The Bounty…
  • My sunrise and sunset…

 Our Responses…
  1. Obedience to his will…
  2. Confession of Sin…
  3. Declare that he is the greatest…
  4. Sing his praise in thanksgiving…

In Islamic Sufi Tradition…
  • God is Supreme and unseen…
  • One and only one God…
  • No partners…
  • All praise due to him…
  • Humble myself before him
  • Bow to him in adoration…
  • Most Merciful and Beneficent…
  • We forget him when we have all… and we remember him when we have none.
  • Author and Inventor of creation…
  • Tolerant God …
  • Lord of all…
  • Master… I’m his servant.
  • Beyond … yet closer to me than the jugular vein…
  • My seeing, walking, my everything…
  • His absence will reduce me to nothing…
  • From him I came to him I shall return…
  • One in his essence and attribute…
  • He begets not nor begotten…
  • None like unto him…

 LET GOD BE GOD!




No comments: